Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goals for 2011

We are two weeks into the year, and I'm still thinking about and trying to finalize my goals for 2011.  There is quite a bit I want to tackle this year.  I have finalized my list to include the following:


Financial:
  • Pay off our car loan (this is the only debt we have, other than our mortgage.)
  • Continue to fund our childrens' college funds.  We would like to deposit a minimum of $300 per month into each child's account.
  • Continue to fund our retirement funds
  • Keep our weekly food spending at no more than $75.  This includes grocery purchases, as well as dining out. 
  • Do a better job at "rolling" my register rewards at Walgreen's in order to minimize my out of pocket expenses. 
  • Keep my coupon binder organized and up to date so that I always know which coupons I have.  (With our hectic lives, I find this to be a very difficult thing.  I really want to do a better job at this.) 
  • Shop for the holidays throughout the entire year.  This is important to spread out expenses and be able to hit sales and clearances. 
  • Rather than purchasing greeting cards, I plan to make all greeting cards for birthdays and anniversaries (unless I already have a store-bought card on hand.)  Not only are handmade cards much cheaper, they are also much more personal.
  • Stockpile items when they are at rock bottom prices. 
  • Try not to waste any food.  When we have leftovers, I will try to take them to work for lunch the next day, use them to make a new dish, or  put them in the freezer in a timely manner so they don't spoil. 
Personal:
  • Lose 15 pounds before the summer and "swim suit season."
  • Have a date night with DH at least once a month.  (Due to the nature of DH's job and our two young children, this can be very difficult at certain times of the year.  But, I really want to make this a priority for DH and I.)
  • Try to find time to do some scrapbooking (I am soooooo far behind on my kids' scrapbooks.  I would really like to make some progress with these.)
  • Find time to workout.  I would like to do this at least once a week, if not more. 
Household:
  • De-clutter and organize our second bedroom.
  • Have a garage sale in the spring/summer.  We have so much baby items that my kids have out grown.  It's time to clean house!!
  • Donate/Sell/Throw Out at least 500 items.  This may sound crazy, but I really don't think it will be hard to do.  We have accumulated so much stuff in the five years that we have lived in this house.  It is time to get organized!
I know there are some other things I was wanting to do, but I can't seem to think of them right now.  I think this will be a "work in progress."  I will try to update my goals and add to them as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment